Tuesday, September 1, 2009

sailing the east coast..

Date Check: September 3rd.
Days since camp ended: 10
Days been away from home: 77
Days til I go home: 75
Days til I see Kristiana & Kate: 10
Days til I see Paul and Ash: 20
Days til I See Louise: 50
Days til I see my amazing Mother: 77

Camp is over, and it's like we're all in mourning, it's so strange, we all keep talking about being socially acceptable
because we forgot how to. I think i have the hang of it now and now i've just become a foreign backpacker.

I spent 5 days in Boston after camp, was alone for it all got to hang out with Jenn, but didn't see anyone else from camp which made me sad.
Made friends easily enough @ the hostel as there were a lot of people coming from camps there and hostels are just great places to meet people in general.
Went to some jazz bars which I can say ive now done and throroughly enjoyed. Boston is the kind of place that I don't like as a tourist, but its definetely
somewhere I could live, i stayed in the back bay, and it's a cool area lotsa musicians and interesting looking people around.

I was spose to go hang with James for the weekend in Worcester but that full through so i decided to go meet up with Cat early and go to NYC for the weekend.
Worked out well, went to a sick place called Webster hall, cheap entry, cheap drinks, bands and SWEEEET indie/electro. Got so very drunk and by the time we got back
to our hostels it was 4am, the subway is a bitch even at 2:30am. THe place reminded me of home, like if i weren't to step outside i could easily have been at a bar or something
back in Melbourne town. Going to such large cities makes me realise how fucking lucky I am to live in such asn amazing place such as melbourne.
It's not unlivable in anyway, the city, while busy, is bearable, not a lot of congestion. SO SO Much culture, the right amount of multiculturalism,
the right attitude, something for everyone, sports, music, theatre, restaurants/bars. And im so glad i can get the same thing from NYC as i can from the city i call home.

I met up with Frannie, who's living in Brooklyn, and it's my favourite part of NYC, the right amount happenings for me, we just sat in a park and chilled for a few hours,
i love it to just be able to chill out! Mischa Barton even made an appearance down the street!

I'm in Plymouth at the moment, the place where the Mayflower first hit america and the english took over, pretty crazy. Going up to Provincetown with Jessie & Jaryd & Cat tomorrow,
which I'm looking forward to.
I can't wait to see Ash and Paul, its going to be amazinggggggggggg.

you know you love me xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment