Saturday, February 13, 2010

So I thought I'd update this thing once more before i went home, because I'm almost certain I won't do it for long time.

Today was amazing, we went to this beach called Piha, about an hour or so away from where we are staying at Nik's. It was an amazing drive, I'm so glad I live so close to such amazing things, we went to a beautiful place called Titirangi, a little town with a cafe that had delicious coffee, picturesque views from the long and winding road which took us to Piha. We stopped off at a visitors center which allowed us to see above the Waitakere Ranges, such dense forest nothing like I have ever seen in my life.
It made me want to stay in Auckland but also made me feel bad for not enjoying my time here this time last.
Piha is gorgeous. Nothing there except for a surf life saving club, and a little store which sold sodas and stuff. Total beach mentality, surfers there waiting for the perfect wave, it made me want to throw all my cares away and live the easy life.
It was rainy and then sunny and then muggy and the weather couldn't make up its mind, but it didn't matter because the drive so lovely.

We came back babes came to hang out, and John came over shortly after, he made the effort to clear things up with us, as we were quite uncertain as to where he was at since he moved back, I didn't get to see him as much as a liked, but now that he's made an effort to help us understand what he was going through once he moved back, I feel like i'm going to get more of an opportunity to miss him rather than just resent things has hasn't done since he's come home.

Our flight is at 6:30am, and I am sad to leave, as we've all become such better friends with Jono because he pretty much has been hanging out with us for the last week, he's been a friend to us that maybe others should have been. He's showed us a hospitality and generosity that we really couldn't have asked for, he has amazing parents, we went over for dinner one night and they're such lovely people, with such an open mind, with open ears and willingness to know you and learn about you and what is important to you, I can see why he is the way he is.

In the last week, I've been able to get over my issues and had an AMAZING time, I've got some pretty amazing people in my life, who are able to help me, and we're able to help each other get through hard points in our lives.

Nana Charl passed away 2 days ago, her passing away has really impacted me, in the fact that she was such a strong woman who brought her family to Australia for a better life, she has created such a loving family around her and it has shown in her time of need. They will be there for each other to appreciate the life she created here, and get each other through it.

But for now i need to go home, and concentrate on getting back to the states.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment